Course Summary: Data Analytics
Our Data Analytics evening course is an 6 week course, and it does not require any prior programming experience.
Data Analytics is the art of understanding and processing data with the goal of drawing conclusions
about that data.
In the "old days" data was limited, so it is easy to process data on books using hand calculations.
But as the data sets
becomes large we need sophisticated tools to process them.
Data Analysts mine huge data sets using complex software such as UNIX, Excel, SQL and Python. In
this course you will not only learn how to master the necessary skills to process the data sets using the aforementioned tools but
also develop an intuition to derive conclusions about given problem.
Data Analytics is a mix of Computer Science (C), Statistics (S), & Management Skills (M).
Course Details: Evening course Data Analytics
Week 1 : Excel Essentials
Week 2 : Unix for Data Analytics
- C: Introduction to Excel Data Analytics
- C: Excel Shortcuts
- C: Data Munging in Excel
- C: Pivot Tables and Lookup tables
- C: Getting data in excel from various sources (SQL databases, websites, etc ... )
- C: Story telling with data in excel
Week 3 : SQL for Data Analytics
- C: Getting started with UNIX
- C: Complex Data Manipulations using UNIX
- C: Exploring Data using UNIX
- C: Bash Scripting
Week 4 : Core Python
- C: Introduction to SQL
- C: Data Munging with SQL
- C: Data Aggregation
- C: Replicate Excel Pivot tables in pure SQL
Week 5 & 6: Projects, putting it all together
- C: Introduction to Python
- C: Data Exploration
- C: Working with Pandas for Data Analysis
- C: Visualize data using Python
Data Analytics: Learning Objectives
- M: Story telling with data
- M: Effective presentation skills with data and visualizations
- M: Best practices for data management and analytics
- C: Sample Projects: Stock Portfolio Returns Analysis
- C: Sample Projects: Market Segmentation Analysis
- No prior programming experience required!
- Learn to apply strategies to solve data-driven problems
- Enhance analytical thinking
- Tools used : Excel, UNIX, MySQL, Python, Pandas module
- Most Important: Learn to converse with data and keep it simple. Use common sense!
- January 9th, 2017 - February 15th, 2017
Monday and Wednesday: 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Financing Options available with: